Innsbrook After Hours is Richmond’s outdoor concert series that brings out some of the best musicians in the country from May to October every year. Located at the ServPro Pavillion (4901 Lake Book Dr. Glen Allen, VA), the series hosts over 20 concerts per year with artists like Kane Brown, Boyz II Men, Brett Young, and Lady Antebellum all at much lower prices than you’d pay for a stadium show. It’s an amazing deal and, even though it’s either standing room only or lawn chair seating, I promise you’ll have an amazing time and won’t miss sitting down at all.
These shows aren’t your typical concerts. There are reasonably priced beverages, great RVA food trucks, and a laid back atmosphere that’s fun for all ages. There are no assigned seats to worry about and it’s like a party with your closest neighbors and some of the best entertainment in the world. There is live music playing from the time you walk in (local artists and opening acts) up until to the headliner’s final song. It is the perfect night out in Richmond for a music lover and a total blast!
Last weekend I was at the sold out Lady Antebellum show and even though the line to get in was the longest I’ve seen it, the venue did a fantastic job getting us all inside in record time. And because it’s an outdoor venue, I never felt cramped. However, if you’re not a fan of standing in the General Admission crowd, do yourself a favor and buy VIP or Season Passes. There are designated areas with a private bathroom and special seating for those ticket holders.
A few facts to know:
- Even though it’s an outdoor show, unless there’s a thunderstorm or other dangerous weather event, the concert goes on rain or shine.
- Tickets can be purchased at the gate, unless it’s sold out in advance.
- Children 10 and under are free with a parent/guardian for General Admission.
- All alcoholic beverages must be bought using chits, which look like poker chips and are purchased at the venue. They are dollar for dollar and I recommend buying all that you’ll need at the beginning of the event because the line for chits can get long, however it goes quickly. You may also use these to buy food, but food items can also be purchased with credit cards if you won’t be buying alcohol. Any chits not used by the end of the event may be kept for future concerts and do not expire.
- Get to the venue early to find good parking (which there is plenty of) and to buy chits, food, etc. before the music begins.
For upcoming concert and ticket information, go to innsbrookafterhours.com